Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cupcakes are just like babies.


Heather made cupcakes yesterday. She was nice enough to make a few extra and leave them at home for dessert. They were the standard cake, narrow body and big on the top, like a muffin slathered with chocolate icing. I carefully took off the greenish-yellow bottom wrapper and placed mine on a small plate. I proceeded to pick it up and carry it into the living room with a glass of milk. As soon as I picked it up the top began to wobble and then tip. I was horrified, what have I done? I should have been more careful. You do not get a second chance at a cupcake.

That is when I realized that my Dad skills come in handy from time to time. I was able to jog my hand down, while leaning right and the cake wobbled back upright with little to no damage. To top it off, the milk that was in my left hand was still in my left hand, a bit shaken, but still there. I think that all the time trying to balance Zoey in one hand and a bottle in the other truly paid off. I am so happy to be a Dad.

3 comments:

Dr. Christiana said...

Rachel and I really, really want a cupcake. Sadly, these cupcakes are not in Seattle. :(

Heather said...

Oooooh but they do have a really really good cupcake place there!! They have one that has lavendar flavored frosting!! Mmmmmm Yum! I love Seattle!

Dr. Christiana said...

I think we might have gone there but neither of us got the lavender one.