Thursday, May 8, 2008

Morning Giggle


I think we have rounded a corner. Zoey is 4 months and 4 days old today and I think she has matured more in the last few days then she has…well…ever. When I wake up in the morning I can hear her cooing in her crib, she is awake and waiting for me to come in and get her. She is happy, smiling and content. I have no idea if she has been awake for a few minutes or a few hours, but she is pleased to hang out alone knowing I will be there to pick her up and say good morning to her. She smiles when I come in the room, not just a little smile, but a smile so big and animated that you would think I have been gone for days. She is overjoyed to see me, and can barely hold in her exuberance with the anticipation of being picked up. She squirms, squeaks and kicks her feet so hard, that it makes me laugh. After a few minutes of talking to her and squeezing her, I bring her to Heather, where the entire process is repeated, but it is hard to tell who likes who more, Heather or Zoey! I have to say that Heather is very lucky to have us.

So, I go to work and I can’t stop thinking about the two of them hanging out and building a bond that will last a lifetime. I am jealous…envious too, and I hope that I can share the strong connection that Heather has with Zoey now. I never thought I could love two people as much as I love the two women in my life.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awe you are just too sweet!! We love you so much too!!

Anonymous said...

This is why we love you so much..thanks for being great parents. love, mom and dad

Anonymous said...

hey! I need my Zoey fix! Where in the world are Heather and Zoey??? Sorry i missed your call yesterday! Are you in Michigan?

rachel